Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Admitting Your Mistakes And Learning From Them

On Apr 4, 5:52*pm, " wrote:
On Apr 4, 5:57*pm, jon_banquer wrote:

I finally figured out why I could sharpen my old stainless knife and
why it would dull so quickly after I had sharpened it. It took
purchasing a new knife and having the same thing happen to it. I won't
be returning the new knife because it helped to teach me what I was
doing wrong.

Any guesses on why both knives would dull so quickly and would not
hold their edge?

You did not sharpen them correctly.

As far as I can tell I was sharpening them correctly. I say this
because not enough time has passed yet but so far neither knife has
gotten dull after many juicing preps. Both knifes use to get dull
after prepping for just one juicing.