simon beer

Default new boiler choice

Just moved house and we think the central heating could do with a once over
whilst we are redoing the kitchen, as boiler presently situated there.

We intend putting it in the garage, other side of the wall. We are going to
install a new boiler as we think the old one is prob inefficient and working
hard for the size of the house, although we put this down to its age. It is
an Ideal E Type 60N which we have been told is an ooold boiler.

System pipe work is also all in 15mm which could do with beefing up to 22 on
the main circuits if my thinking is right, any thoughts?

Any way we are looking to change the current vented system to a sealed
system boiler, is this a good way to go?

A couple of contenders on the list at www.discountedheating.co.uk are the
Worcester/Bosch SBI System Boiler 24SBI RSF or the Vaillant Thermocompact
RSF 624EH NG.

I would appreciate some experienced input from those that know better than
me if these boilers are pretty much like for like. Do I need to buy extras
with one that I wouldn't with another; I notice there is also a price for a
SBI System Boiler Plug in Diverter Valve to go with the SBi do I need
something like this with either of them or does the Vaillant already have
it? Are there other boilers to seriously consider around this price point, I
should say that I not keen to go the combie route as I like to have the
stored hot water, just old fashioned I guess!! Also the time clock is old
and playing up a little so thought better get one of the heating packs with
easy wire up panel, room thermostat & time clock etc. any recommendations of
names to go for.

We also have an SMC Comet Controller Pump fitted next to our Grundfos pump,
what does that do?

I'm sure I can come up with some more questions later but help with the
above will keep me going for now. I got her indoors breathing down neck to
get the boiler moved so I can get on with the kitchen as we have to
microwave everything at the moment!

Any body ever laid slate floor tiles?

Thank for any imput