Hugo Nebula

Default Reasonable price for a replacement CH boiler?

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:08:18 +0000, a particular chimpanzee named Andy
Hall randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

You don't say which model of Promax it is, but at Discounted Heating,
which in itself is going to be above BG's buy prices, these range from
£687 inc. for the basic 15kW model to £879 inc. for the larger 32kW
system model.

Even going on the more expensive one (for a vented system) of £749,
that leaves £2000 for labour. My mum's said that the salesman has
said there will be two fitters required for a total of 16 hours.
Assuming their entire day is taken up with the work (doubtful), this
is a rate of over £125 per hour.

There is presumably the provisioning of a condensate drain, but even
then this is not a big deal. Are there really no additional controls
required to comply with part L1 etc.?

The existing system has a programmer, cylinder 'stat and TRVs, so it
complies with the minimum needed.

Do you not know any CORGI fitters by virtue of your BCO activity?
Surely they would be a good option in comparison to Dick Turpin, PLC.

Unfortunately, I live 200 miles away.

Certainly I'd take this up with the salesman, although I would also
check how much price discretion that they and their management have.

I've just been told the quote by my mother tonight, so I intend to
press the salesman (sorry, Technical Sales Advisor) tomorrow to lower
the price substantially, or cancel the whole deal.
--
Hugo Nebula
"You know, I'd rather see this on TV,