Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reloading Automation

On Apr 1, 11:02*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
Anyone have or use one of those electronic automatic powder weighing
systems? *The ones I've seen have something like a motorized powder
dispenser that dispenses powder on the scale until the set weight is
reached.

I have heard these things work good but are slow, I was wondering if they
would work in addition to a regular powder measure. *Say for example if you
wanted 50 grains, you could set your powder measure to throw maybe 48 grains
and let the automatic dispenser finish to the correct weight. *Just
wondering if it would work that way, thought it might compensate for powder
errors.

I'm thinking a little on automating the reloading process, my progressive
press should be here tomorrow. *I have an Allen Bradley PLC5 with a high
resolution card that can work with load cells. *I could weigh powder out to
a specified tolerance and "Out of tolerance" charges could go back to the
powder supply. *The PLC could also be used to monitor for mistakes that an
operator might not catch. *Maybe someday we'll get ammo back on store
shelves, until then....

RogerN

Hey Roger...did the Easter Bunny bring you a new mop handle for
Easter?

God would disapprove...She thinks you are going to burn in Hell.

TMT