Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

On 3/1/2013 7:38 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/28/2013 10:20 PM, jtpr wrote:

You all touched me very deeply with your donations. But I cannot tell
you the effect this will have on Mel's wife.

You just got to the very heart of the matter with that last above, Jim.

From what I can tell, and having just been given the opportunity to
observe the effect of a gift/donation on the recipient, it has made me
understand that the monetary element, regardless of the size and while
of necessary importance, turns out to be about half the benefit.

These folks are sick, or tired, or both, and their energy levels and
ability to carry on are being taxed to the utmost.

When seeing folks, sometimes complete strangers, willing to help _them_,
you observe in the recipient the other half of that gift of kindness and
generosity: a renewed energy to carry on.

Gives that old saying, "The milk of human kindness.", a new meaning and
understanding, eh?

Reason for some very cautious optimism today with regard to my youngest
daughter. Too early to be jumping for joy, but after a month of
Interferon treatment, an MRI yesterday (yep, on Easter Sunday) indicated
that tumors appear to be slowly regressing, and that bone growth is
progressing.

Once again, thanks to all of you here who donated on her behalf, can't
tell you how much that means to all of us.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net