Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Reloading Automation

On 4/1/2013 1:40 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 13:59:07 -0400, Leon
wrote:

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 20:42:41 -0500
wrote:

snip
I somehow managed to get home with 20 round of .45-70.
Wish I knew what those were for...

Ooooo! Why another "cowboy gun" what else!

Marlin built a 336 lever for .45-70. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlin_Model_336

Its actually the Model 1985. Its considerably bigger than the standard
336.

There are a few pistols chambered for it too. I've heard that they are
more for bragging rights though than practical use. A .45-70 load is
usually slow burning and doesn't get up to speed very well with a short
barrel typical of most pistols (shrug).

Unless you handload.

I punch a 350gr JHP out of a 14" Contender at about 1300 FPS, and I
could go higher...but Im getting old and my wrists ....shrug

"When commenting on the 45/70 Contender loads they tested, Sierra
said, "At no place within the data section is recoil not
objectionable."

"That is probably one of my favorite all-time quotes, from a reloading
manual."

Ouch!
Yep, gun control.
Use both hands - and boxing gloves!