Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How many 2.5mm T&E into a 13A socket?

On 01/04/2013 18:04, newshound wrote:

Don't always agree with Harry; OP may not have a tone generator but
probably has a volt stick, meter, or horror neon screwdriver.

If done with a bit of care, the check described above is pretty quick,
safe, and reliable.

No, I haven't got a tone generator - but I have got two or three
multi-meters which will measure voltage and resistance (and hence
continuity). So it shouldn't be too difficult to work out which two
wires are connected to each other via the CU - i.e. the ring - with the
power *off*.
--
Cheers,
Roger