Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default How many 2.5mm T&E into a 13A socket?

In message , writes
On 1 Apr,
"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

Well you can but I quite like the power down, disconnect all three and
then use a meter to see which lives are still connected to each other. No
second trip back to the CU, no live working. The two still connected to
each other are the ring, the isolated one the spur. The fun starts when
they are still all connected to each other via dead shorts...

Or none are connected, as I found when testing a friend's wiring. Eventually
found (several weeks later) a back box which had been plastered over after
first fix and had never had its socket fitted. 0/10 for the electrician who
originally tested the system!

Not as bad on a safety level, but a friend of mine asked me to check her
new, very expensive flat out, because her TV didn't work. Every point
had the cable neatly coiled in the boxes behind the sockets, just not
connected. In the attic all the cables came to a point on a wall near
to a 13A socket, all ready to be connected to a DA, what DA??

There was an aerial though!! Cable sat next to all the others in the
attic.

Who passed that lot off as complete and tested?

Some dodgy aerial rigger/builder no doubt.

--
Bill
( A different one )