Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia[_2_] Allodoxaphobia[_2_] is offline

Default "refurbished" lamps?

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 19:53:26 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:

The halogen fuser lamp in my HP 4M has apparently bit the dust. (I'll
know for sure tomorrow when I do a continuity check.)

I looked for replacements. Most companies won't reveal whether they're
selling real HP parts, or third-party units (of unknown quality).

If they are 'real' HP parts, I'd seriously doubt if they are newly
manufactured. Re-manufactured, probably.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

I bought a fuser assy. from them a couple of years ago to repair my
HP LJ III -- with no difficulty. Still grinding along -- albeit
with low volume usage.

HTH
Jonesy