Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How many 2.5mm T&E into a 13A socket?

In ,
Roger wrote:
Yes, several! I was thinking in terms of having to disconnect the
circuit at the consumer unit in order to trace it - but it's now obvious
that I don't need to do that.

Easiest way is just to disconnect the earth wires, then find out which one
is connected to the spur socket, by probing a fixing screw on that. If you
can see which TW&E it belongs to, you have your answer. But you do need to
measure a dead short on your DVM, rather than just any old reading.

The only problem is that I don't know where the spur goes! I don't know
whether it powers a socket or something like the cooker hood, or heated
drawer.

But, as others have said, if I power down, disconnect all 3, power up
again and check which 2 wires are live, I will know which is the spur -
regardless of what it does.
--
Cheers,
Roger