Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Compressor pumps

Terry Coombs wrote:

My 2nd-worst nightmare ... backing the truck loaded with lumber into the
"new" shop space , I didn't notice that 12' 2x4 pushing on my compressor .
BANG , it tips over , lands on the pump pulley . Both connecting rods
snapped off , and the crank bearings pushed out the back non-pulley side .
So I've ordered a new pump , but wonder if this one is worth repairing . It
ran well , quiet , pistons are dead clean as is the bottom end . It looks
like rods are going to cost around 25-30 bucks each , and the new pump was
only $120 ...
What would you do ? fortunately I have a backup , a frankenpressor , an
oilless head mounted on an old 20 gal horizontal tank
--
Snag

TIG the con rods and whatever else broke back together carefully and
call it frankenpressor2?