Scott Mills

Default Varnished Floor Brush Marks

"Bob" wrote in message
om...
I've been trying to varnish our new bathroom floor (solid bamboo
strip), but the brush marks are far to obvious for my liking.

Is there a trick to getting a smoother finish? I'm using Dulux
Diamond Tough Satin Floor Varnish with a soft 2" brush.

Perhaps I should be sealing the floor with something else entirely?

Also, should a varnished floor be wax polished afterwards?

I varnished a parquet floor a few months back and I'd say brush marks were
reasonably minimal. I used a 6inch brush from Wickes for the job and made
sure as I built the coats up (4 in total) that they were always in a
different direction. I seem to remember washing with white sprits between
coat, if not then definitly before the first coat.

Scott