Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default scrap car batteries - how much do scrappies pay?

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:59:30 on
Sun, 31 Mar 2013, remarked:
Well lead scrap current going rate is 70p/kg, so if battery about 10Kg
probably a fiver!

Batteries seem to track at 50% of the clean lead scrap price,

If that 50% of the weight of the battery, or 50% of the weight of the
lead in a battery (which is apparently about 60% of the total).

so about 50p currently

Which is exactly a fiver for a 10Kg battery, although the one I replaced
was 14Kg.

The 70 amp.hr one I got a fiver for more like 18 Kg. About a year ago.

--
*Starfishes have no brains *

Dave Plowman
London SW