Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Securing a garden gate

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
On 31/03/2013 11:50, Andrew Mawson wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Need to secure my 6'high garden gate, but I want to be able to
lock/unlock from either side.

Not keen on the rim lock idea, current thinking is a chain & padlock.

Any better ideas?

Probably not applicable in a urban situation, but here on the farm with
an influx of grandchildren this Easter, and a similar gate giving direct
access to a stream at the back of the house, I tied it with a suitable
length of baler twine in a fetching shade of orange G. ...

IME it is difficult to go more than a couple of paces around any farm
without finding something being held together with baler twine.

Indeed, it's the agricultural version of gaffer tape.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18