Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson[_2_] Andrew Mawson[_2_] is offline

Default Securing a garden gate

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Need to secure my 6'high garden gate, but I want to be able to lock/unlock
from either side.

Not keen on the rim lock idea, current thinking is a chain & padlock.

Any better ideas?

Probably not applicable in a urban situation, but here on the farm with an
influx of grandchildren this Easter, and a similar gate giving direct access
to a stream at the back of the house, I tied it with a suitable length of
baler twine in a fetching shade of orange G. Still not been able to stop
them all bouncing on the fibreglass cover of the sewage plant!!!!

AWEM