Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Reloading Automation

On 3/30/2013 2:53 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I hear that.

For what it's worth, this ammo came from my late father-in-law's
collection.

I went through all of that last night.
Factory loads (Winchester and Remington) were exactly 50 mm long.
Some of the handloads were 1 to 1.5 mm longer. So maybe...

But the real difference, and I'm guessing the reason these rounds (six
of then) wouldn't load is that the necks were bigger; fatter.
4 or 5 thousanths? Could that make such a difference?

Yes indeed. And they could..could have been reloaded as 32
Winchester..a cartridge that is identical to the 3030..but uses a
slightly larger diameter bullet.

I need to go back to school reading inch micrometers.
My large frame ones are all metric, but he small ones are inch.
I confuse easily these days...

A cheap digital caliper is a very good tool for the handloader. HF
sells em for under $15 and its all you need.

Gunner

Huh! I've checked them against the 32Win dimensions, and I do believe
you are right!