Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reloading Automation

On 3/30/2013 7:52 AM, RogerN wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

On 3/29/2013 12:16 AM, RogerN wrote:
snip

Anyway, the powder I bought for 223's and the bullet weight I have allows
for compressed load, so if it doubles the powder won't all fit in the
case.

RogerN

Then all that matters is what your favorite color is! Pick your poison.

I found a Lee LoadMaster .223 in stock for $243 and ordered it. I plan to
set up for 9mm also, ordered a couple spare 5-hole turrets but the shell
plates for 9mm were out of stock.

A video I watched showed a setup where they ran the cases through to
de-prime and trim, not sure about sizing. Then through the case tumbler to
polish and deburr. The 2nd time through, the cases were loaded. For the
.223 I'm planning to dedicate 1 shell plate for case preparation and have
turrets set up for loading prepared brass. I guess if I leave resizing to
the 2nd pass, there may not be that much change over to convert the brass
preparation turret (1st pass) to different cartridges.

I saw you have a ?guide rod? coming up from the shell plate through the
turret on yours? I guess that helps keep the ram straight? Seems like a
good idea as the shell plate gets further from the lower guide, the upper
guide would be good support, plus could be handy for actuating things on top
if needed.

RogerN

The bore in my press is a bit more sloppy than I like so the pin keeps
the pressure on the shell plate even in all stations. Lee offered to
replace it but my solution is better that a perfect bore.

See this forum, it's great for the Loadmaster!

http://forums.loadmastervideos.com/f...wforum.php?f=2