Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default scrap car batteries - how much do scrappies pay?

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:31:26 on Sat, 30 Mar
2013, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:
You need to take it to a scrap metal dealer to get paid for it.

I realise that. And I'm not sure where I'd find one, other than the
local "tip" (waste recycling facility) doubling as one - but with
everything they get being for free.

There are three that I know of closer to here than the 'tip' which is
about a couple of miles away. I'd say the same would apply in most
towns. Look up your yellow pages, etc.

My 'tip' is about a mile away (and where I last lived about 500yds).

According to Yell, the nearest scrap metal[1] dealer is 9.5 miles away.

[1] There's a scrap-car dealer closer, but do they pay for batteries?

If they buy in scrap cars, there's a good chance they will. But maybe
won't pay as much for one as a pukka scrap metal dealer as they'll have
higher overheads.

--
*60-year-old, one owner - needs parts, make offer

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.