Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default scrap car batteries - how much do scrappies pay?

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
You need to take it to a scrap metal dealer to get paid for it.

I realise that. And I'm not sure where I'd find one, other than the
local "tip" (waste recycling facility) doubling as one - but with
everything they get being for free.

There are three that I know of closer to here than the 'tip' which is
about a couple of miles away. I'd say the same would apply in most towns.
Look up your yellow pages, etc.

A battery dealer charging for disposal is taking the **** - as they
will have collections from one, and get paid.

Exactly.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.