Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default scrap car batteries - how much do scrappies pay?

In message , at 07:43:08 on
Sat, 30 Mar 2013, charles remarked:
scrap car batteries - how much should/do scrappies pay?

Depends on weight, obviously, but the last one I got rid of (70 amp/hr)
was about a fiver.

That's interesting, the local (national chain) Tyre/Battery/Exhaust
place wanted to *charge* me a couple of quid to "dispose of" the old
one. I took it to the tip where they collect them for free. Never
thought of asking someone to pay to take it away.

you paid nothing becasue you were a private individual. Trade waste costs
money to dispose of.

Does it cost more than a fiver each to get a scrappie to collect a bulk
order of scrap car batteries? (Such that the fiver each he pays you
doesn't cover the cost of ringing him up to come round and collect
them?)
--
Roland Perry