Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Reloading Automation

On 3/27/2013 8:45 PM, RogerN wrote:
Possible metalworking content!

Ammo's difficult to find and usually expensive so any thoughts on taking a
progressive press and making it as automatic as practical?

I saw some interesting videos online of presses, some homemade case feeders,
bullet feeders, etc. Some you only had to pull the handle, some had the
handle attached to a gear motor crank.

Any thoughts on suitable presses to start with?

I've been looking at Lee load masters, they are cheaper but maybe fore a
reason. Can you use a better quality powder measure with the Lee load
master?

Or would I be better off starting with the Hornady Lock N Load or a Dillon?

My goal is to reload for now and further automate (case& bullet
feeders(homemade?)) later.

RogerN

NOTHING is available on line, of course.
But there is ammo in the gun shops.
At least there was 30.30 every store I checked today.
Not a lot, but everybody had cartridges on the shelf.
So I bought 100 rounds (5 boxes) of 30.30 today for $20 a box.
That's about 2x what it was 30 years ago.