Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any Hams here?

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 07:28:19 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Id love to put a freq counter on it..but one just went on Ebay for
$150. There is a 2 pin female on the backside for a display..but I
dont know what it requires to run/operate. Im sure something could be
bread boarded up quite simply, but..Im not an electronics tech. I just
kinda swerve into that area now and then fixing CNC machines etc.
Mostly though..simply a board changer. Its been a lot of years since
I chased electrons around..and then it was usually in and out of tubes

Look on the rear on the radio. You should find a 9 pin socket for the external VFO
If it doesn't have the shorting plug you wont have receive. If no plug you need to install
a jumper across pins 8&9.

Sent you a link to a partial service manual.

The SE was the same as the 520 S Except Kenwood pulled the transverter section and the 12
volt power inputs. They cleaned up the boards some and added a wide/narrow CW filter.

Thanks! Got signal input now! Still pretty weak, but I could pick up
some RTTY and some code. Now I need to get the long wire up!

Thanks!!

Gunner