Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any Hams here?

On Mar 25, 7:20*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:

Technican class stuff for a year, then general class. *I might..might
be able to pass the code test in a year if I work on it..so I might
shoot for that. But...PSK is interesting to me as is rtty

Gunner

Look at www.QRZ. It has all the questions used on all the ham
tests.

First find out when and where you can take the tests. Then start
going to QRZ everyday and take one or more practice tests. You may
have a month or so before you can take the tests. I do not know how
it is everywhere, but back in Washington State it was one cost
regardless of how many tests you took. Since I had a month or so
before i could take the tests, I just practised all the tests. And
then when I took the tests, i just took them all. No point in just
taking the technician class test.

Incidentally there is no more requirement to take a code test. So you
do not need to work on that.

Dan