Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Madness at the gun show

On Mar 25, 9:39*am, whoyakidding's ghost
wrote:
On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:38:25 -0400, Ed Huntress

wrote:
On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:22:01 -0700, whoyakidding's ghost
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 13:36:01 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 10:22:09 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 12:42:52 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 01:23:46 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" *wrote in message
news:nv1tk89fhm8cc5j9048ncoqlnb06374vnk@4ax. com...

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 22:14:43 -0400, wrote:

snip
*So you have an expensive hobby.. * I can see it if you are a target
shooter - but it's not target shooters that are causing the run on
ammo. It's nut-cases figuring they need enough ammo to run a private
or civil war for 4 years again.

Oh....like the US government, who bought 1.6 Billion rounds of ammo?
Enough to fight a war in Iraq for the next 26 yrs.

Gunner

Interesting:
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/0...lets-and-targe...

Law enforcement training to kill civilians, DHS buying 1.6 Billion rounds,
DHS buying ~3,000 armored assault vehicles for use in the USA. *Why would
anyone be suspicious?

RogerN

With nut-cases hording guns and ammo the government mabee has reason
to be conserned??

It's -not- nutcases, clare, it's us normal people...

(Irony meter just pinned and bent the needle...)

It's all about perspective. Jim Carrey does a nice job laying it out.
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/043...and-with-jim-c....

Ohmigod, that's good. What's just as funny is the comments. He really
plucked some gun nutz' strings. Strings are what they have where
normal people have a sense of humor.

The gun nutz absolutely hate it when you tell them that you know what
they're thinking and it ain't pretty. I love that they're running up
the cost of their paranoia while claiming that they're merely sensible
people. Considering the appalling stats about consumer debt, it would
be useful to poll feverish ammo buyers and ask them what they gave up
in order to fund their purchase. You know it's going to be things like
making more than the minimum payment on their credit card, health
insurance, kids' dental work, etc. Then ask them if they consider
themselves responsible, as if the results would be any less than 100%
yes. It's ****ing amazing, but I guess we should be getting used to
that. I couldn't believe it when a majority thought that Iraq was at
the root of 9-11, or had WMD, and that invading them made sense.
Couldn't the idiots learn something from their mistaken notions? Of
course not, because here we are again with yet another example of
national stupidity being played out by largely the same group of
mental midgets. No matter how many times they're proven helpless at
logic, they continue to believe they're intelligent and sensible.

"Couldn't the idiots learn something from their mistaken notions?"

It's interesting to me that much of what KiddingNoOne wrote above can
also be applied to him as well.

An example of KiddingNoOne's similar faulty logic and bragging would
be his reasons and statements in regards to his purchase of the
grossly overweight Chevy Volt. When KiddingNoOne was questioned on his
faulty logic as well as his bragging he fell apart like a cheap suit.