Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Madness at the gun show

On 3/24/2013 12:58 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 12:08:53 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

George Plimpton wrote:
On 3/23/2013 7:14 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 18:59:11 -0600, "Pete C."

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:21:28 -0700 (PDT), clark
wrote:

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.
There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition
on hand????
All of them. Anyone who actually goes to the range with any regularity
knows that 100 rds is nothing.
So you have an expensive hobby.. I can see it if you are a target
shooter - but it's not target shooters that are causing the run on
ammo. It's nut-cases figuring they need enough ammo to run a private
or civil war for 4 years again.

With .22 ammo? They're going to run a civil war for for years using .22
ammo? You think?

You need something to kill the food with. You don't use the larger bore stuff for that if
at all possible.

In the gravest extreme, the proper application of a 22 will get you a
larger caliber weapon and matching ammo.

You wouldn't know.