Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Madness at the gun show

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:19:42 -0700, George Plimpton
wrote:

On 2013-03-24, Pete C. wrote:

wrote:

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:21:28 -0700 (PDT), clark
wrote:

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.
There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition
on hand????

All of them. Anyone who actually goes to the range with any regularity
knows that 100 rds is nothing.

I have several thousand rounds of 7.62 ammo, and I am damn glad I do.

I'm fortunate that I ordered a few cases of selected calibers before all
hell broke loose. It's like anything else you might buy at Sam's,
COSTCO, etc. it's cheaper in bulk and it doesn't go bad.

I'm curious about that. Why doesn't it go bad? Why wouldn't the
chemical composition of the powder change over time? Perhaps slowly,
but I'm wondering why it wouldn't change.

A few years back, I fired some 3006 ammo that was packaged in 1917.
Shot fine, but it smelled a bit "off"

Like an old, dead liberal who had turned to Dust? You know, one of
those old silent movie horror film stars. ;-)

enough left over to pay them.

Sometimes Friday is just the fifth Monday of the week.