Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Madness at the gun show

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 18:52:10 +0700, J.B.Slocomb
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:28:36 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:37:08 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:21:28 -0700 (PDT), clark
wrote:

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.
There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition
on hand????

Perhaps those of us that shoot more than 100 rds per session?

Last weekend, I fired 350 rds.

Next question?

Gunner

Did you hit anything? Or just make a bunch of noise?

Oh..I generally hit something. Usually the target. Most of the time.
Usually. Lots of noise!!

Im getting old though. Sigh...I managed to address 5 targets and put a
round on each in a total of .65 seconds. average. I used to be in the
low .5s and once in a while would break .40. I did one string in
..47..so perhaps I can get some of it back.

That stroke 3 yrs ago slowed me down a bunch. Course Ive improved a
bunch, when I started shooting again a year after the stroke, I was
around 1.5 seconds for 5 rds. But...didnt take me long to speed up,
30 yrs of muscle memory. Shrug.

But Im not fast, compared to the good pros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DpCellB_UQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

But its not always speed shooting. In fact..speed shooting is really
contraindicated in many situations. It just teaches trigger control
and proper pointing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrs86ixxyIw

These guys are "real world" good. Recommeded watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ergt_jMLkww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOpEZejqiA

Btw..Id strongly recommend watching the Gunsight 250 videos. And
spending the bucks to go out there and learn.

When I go out to shoot, Ill generally shoot a couple hundred rounds
through the handguns, another 50-75 rds through the combat shotguns
and the rest through the rifles. Last weekend I was shooting the
rifles at 1000 yrds, just to keep the hand in, so to speak, between
relays with the pistols and combat shotguns.

I might dust off and oil up the clay pidgeon throwers one of these
days, Ive not shot trap or skeet in at least 4 yrs, and should keep my
hand in that too. Shrug. I traded some machine repair for a very
very pretty and minty, High Standard 20ga a year or so ago and its a
dream to shoot. I was busting hand tossed clays 2-3 at a time. Nice
gun, be great for skeet.

Ever get out my way, bring your toys and we can go bust some caps. We
both may learn something.

If you are feeling frisky, bring some spare Jacksons and we can shoot
for Presidents. Grin

Gunner