Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default VIDEO of cutting a thread on 4th axis of my Bridgeport InteractCNC mill with LinuxCNC

On Mar 24, 10:00*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 09:28:30 -0500, Ignoramus7568

On 2013-03-24, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus28776 fired this volley in
om:

I will just wait until I get more cheap material.

Ig, your business model only works well in an industry on the ropes.
When everyone's manufacturies are doing well, prices on raw materials
skyrocket, and 'surplus' and 'scrap' become unobtainium.

So, make hay while the sun is blocked by dark clouds, Ig. *IF our
industry ever recoveres - or if the supplies of scrapped-out stuff
eventually runs dry - you'll have to teach math for a living.

It is a good point, something that I spent a long time considering. A
year ago I was more worried about it, than now.

After a while of thinking, I came up with three answers.

Number one, what you say is true, but not 100% true. If the industry
"recovers", there will still be losers, mismanaged companies,
companies in the wrong niche etc. And the companies that do well will
discard obsolete equipment at a greater rate. So, some surplus
material and equipment will be still available.

Second, if I have a business that is debt free with a fair amount of
capital, with good equipment like transport and material handling
equipment, with good people etc, I may very well find something else
to do when circumstances change.

Third, even now, the industry in general is doing well, most of my
buyers tell me that they are swamped by orders, etc. And yet I stay
busy.

Fourth, because you're small and your assets are largely liquid,
you're very flexible and can be ready to change in a short amount of
time. *Big companies can't do that, so they'll go down. *That will
serve you well.

But I'm worried about everyone when the cull (or Obamunism) comes, if
it severs too many services and venues all at once.

--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --Robert Schaeberle

"But I'm worried about everyone when the cull (or Obamunism) comes, if
it severs too many services and venues all at once."

I'd be worried too if I did ****ty web design and was a "home and
garden handyman" like Larry Jackass:

http://diversifycomm.com/

http://tinyurl.com/cruzhs3