Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dishwasher liming (was Machine Gun Parts kits)

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 00:27:01 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

Gimme a 20 y/o Kenmore next time, eh?

I'm still running the Maytag washing machine I bought second-hand in
1981. I drilled and tapped the transmission for an oil filler and
pump
in 90W gear oil to replace the oil that leaks out the bottom about
yearly, or when it gets noisy.

Yeah, ancient Kenmores and Maytags are the cat's meow.
Drilled and tapped for a filler tube, eh? Cool.

The repair manual revealed an open area with nothing to damage inside.
I used a spiral flute tap that pulled the continuous chips back out.
The bottletop pump was meant to refill an outboard lower unit. It
works on my truck transmission and transfer case too.
jsw