George

Default Red Oak for Arts and Crafts style? finishing?

Red doesn't, and won't look like white. It'll look pretty if you treat it
right, and that means not like white. Your "fumed" finish will have to come
from a can of stain. As long as you don't mix in the same piece, should
make a nice bed.

"JMWEBER987" wrote in message
Recently got a pickup truck load of red oak thats currently drying and is

down
to about 14 percent. My wife would like a new bed for our new queen size
mattress with matching side tables and I have some plans for this project.

believe that quartersawn white oak was mostly used for the original arts

and
crafts furniture but is there any reason red oak would not be okay?