Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default VIDEO of cutting a thread on 4th axis of my Bridgeport InteractCNC mill with LinuxCNC

On Mar 23, 9:30*am, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 08:41:33 -0700, whoyakidding's ghost

wrote:
On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 21:48:53 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

Hey, Jon, knock it off.

Furthermore, he's gone from zero to a pretty good speed on learning
how to machine parts.

He's paid his dues, but not to prepare for some conventional machining
job. He's doing his own thing and he's had some successes. Unlike many
others, he's more of an inventor than a follower, and he's not afraid
to fail.

I gave the same heads up about Iggy to Bonkers months ago. When he
talked around the facts and kept making up more nonsense, I googled
him. Holy ****. What a ****ing loser. Now I just ignore him. I don't
read many of Ig's posts either, but when I do he's usually up to
something interesting. There's zero doubt that he's intelligent, hard
working, and mostly sensible. Three things that Bonkers can only
aspire to.

I've met with Iggy a couple of times, over beer at his house, and I
can confirm that he's as you describe. He's also a very nice guy.

I saw his Bridgeport at an early stage, after he'd stripped down the
electricals and was starting to build it back up; then I saw it
completed. I was very impressed. I'm not a hands-on CNC guy (my last
hands-on, in a shop, was with a Bendix 5 NC and punched tape). But
I've been around it most of my life, and Iggy's project was pretty
brave and original.

Anyway, the backbiting is ridiculous, and a reminder of how the
discussions here have deteriorated. Spring is here; striped bass are
running; I have a garden to dig and a small boat to get started, so
I'm outta here after I finish with RD.

Keep 'em in line.

Regards,

--
Ed Huntress

KiddingNoOne doesn't keep anyone in line and his logic and reasoning
are often badly flawed. Bragging about his Chevy Volt and his
inability to understand what's so wrong with the Chevy Volt shows just
how far KiddingNoOne has his head shoved up his ass. In addition,
KiddingNoOne isn't able to comprehend the real problem with his
approach to Mark Wieber. It's Mark Wieber's cult of idiots (of which
iggy is most certainly a member) that are the real problem not Wieber
himself.

If you truly cared about this newsgroup or in increasing your
metalworking related skills, Ed you wouldn't spend the massive about
of time you spend debating with Wieber on off topic subjects where
Weiber has proved for many years he won't tolerate others who have
different political views than he does.