Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28776 Ignoramus28776 is offline

Default VIDEO of cutting a thread on 4th axis of my Bridgeport InteractCNC mill with LinuxCNC

On 2013-03-23, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:39:41 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

On Mar 22, 6:15?pm, Ignoramus6048
On 2013-03-23, wrote:

On Mar 22, 8:28?pm, jon_banquer wrote:
That would require building a skill. That's not iggy's bag. iggy is
almost totally focused on buying stuff for nothing rather than
building skills.

Buying stuff for nothing is a skill. ?Maybe not the same as your
skills, but a skill never the less.

Thanks.

Converting a Bridgeport milling machine to Linux is also a skill.

And yapping on forums about "having access to a friend's shop" is not
a skill.

As for single point threading, my current problem is that the spindle
has to be on brake. However, spindle brake right now is tied to
estop. It only activates when the mill is e-stopped, and deactivates
when the mill is out of estop. Fixing that requires me to spend a
considerable time writing emc2 logic statements (to interlock brake
and estop and spindle running safely). I do not have time for this
right now.

iggy has very few metalworking or welding skills even after many years
of posting here. He's a butcher/hack with no clues.

Gaining skills means paying your dues. iggy refuses to pay his dues
and he has no respect for others such as Precision Machinist. iggy has
kill filled Precision Machinist who, unlike Mark Wieber, refuses to
coddle and spoon feed iggy. The sad fact is that iggy can't handle
anyone who tells him the truth about his ****ed up approach to
metalworking and welding. He's on a series ego trip that for years has
prevented him from properly learning and acquiring the needed
metalworking and welding skills and it shows in almost every post iggy
makes.

Hey, Jon, knock it off. I saw what he did with his Bridgeport. This
guy looked deeply into what Bridgeport had done, and what was possible
with some modern components and his own programming skills, and did
something that would have amazed any of the commercial CNC retrofit
companies I've visited and interviewed.

Thanks, Ed. As of now, this Bridgeport has three major enhancements
that I added, that improved on what it could do originaly.

1. Spindle encoder lets me do rigid tapping. I have a small lathe
chuck that can be mounted in the spindle, and I hope one day to work a
bit on making this work as a poor man's CNC lathe.

2. 4th axis based on a rotary table. It uses a resolver instead of
more modern encoders, but fortunately Jon Elson had a nice resolver to
encoder converter board.

3. The knee is fully motorized with a servo motor, making it an
additional "axis" and enhancing my work envelope. I have not, as of
yet, added home and limit switches, so it is not as safe as it should
be.