Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any Hams here?

What is the wattage ? - sure I can buy drafting pencils from
6h to 6b. The B's are softer and more carbon and less clay.
The clay and wax binds them together.

If one makes a pencil line of very soft pencil and makes it
twice as long it would double the resistance. Make it twice as wide
and it would half and so on.

The welding sticks (I have some Gunner sold/gave me.

As they heat, pencils will boil off the wax and become harder and fragile.

Martin

On 3/22/2013 6:41 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
I used to use a high power carbon pile in the labs.

Big and larger than 4 lunch boxes. The carbon is compressed or
released to change the resistance.

I think 50 ohm would be a bit hard to come by. Ours was 1 ohm.

Martin

I just measured a piece of carbon fiber insulation about .75" x 1.5" x
10" long at under 2 Ohms.
jsw