Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus6048 Ignoramus6048 is offline

Default VIDEO of cutting a thread on 4th axis of my Bridgeport InteractCNC mill with LinuxCNC

On 2013-03-23, wrote:
On Mar 22, 8:28?pm, jon_banquer wrote:

That would require building a skill. That's not iggy's bag. iggy is
almost totally focused on buying stuff for nothing rather than
building skills.

Buying stuff for nothing is a skill. Maybe not the same as your
skills, but a skill never the less.

Thanks.

Converting a Bridgeport milling machine to Linux is also a skill.

And yapping on forums about "having access to a friend's shop" is not
a skill.

As for single point threading, my current problem is that the spindle
has to be on brake. However, spindle brake right now is tied to
estop. It only activates when the mill is e-stopped, and deactivates
when the mill is out of estop. Fixing that requires me to spend a
considerable time writing emc2 logic statements (to interlock brake
and estop and spindle running safely). I do not have time for this
right now.