Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Machine Gun Parts kits

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:03:35 -0400, Joe Gwinn
wrote:

In article , Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:44:27 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Mar 21, 12:16*pm, Ed Huntress wrote:

'Really short of things to do today, eh, Dan? I wish you were here.
You could do something useful and help me fix my dishwasher. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Not really. I just moved my lathe to the basement from the garage. I
took it apart to lighten it, but the bed and headstock still weighed
about twice as much as I can lift. i am going to make a compression
spring for a fellow. So I take a break every now and then and look to
see if anyone is doing any metalwork.

g It sounds like my day, only I've been working on a frigging
dishwasher that suddenly started plastering lime deposits over
everything.

'All fixed now -- I think. Meanwhile, I did have to grind a special
tool to get the upper spray head off. Why they don't use standard
tools for that kind of thing, I'll never understand. You'd think they
were fastening hinges on a bank safe and wanted to make them
untouchable.

Lime deposits? Probably due to phosphate deprivation.

Joe Gwinn

Does phosphate take care of lime? I had the whole washer apart and
soaking in vinegar. I heat that the pros use dilute muriatic, but open
the windows first.

--
Ed Huntress