Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistorfailures

Bimmer Owner wrote:
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:16:46 -0400, Scott Dorsey wrote:
has anyone got docs on that mystery IC there? It's from Elmos
Semiconductor, but it's not a standard Elmos part number on it

Focusing just on that Elmos Semiconductor AG IC from this thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=309399
It looks like the PN is ELMOS, 10901D, 667A 1302A

It might be a generic or a special chip; I can't find it on the web:
http://www.elmos.com/produkte/automo...motor-ics.html

All the standard Elmos part numbers begin with an E.

My guess is that the number on the chip is 10901D and that the other
two numbers are date and batch codes.
--scott