Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default VIDEO of cutting a thread on 4th axis of my Bridgeport InteractCNCmill with LinuxCNC

On Mar 21, 6:49*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Ignoramus3931 wrote:

My guy asked me to cut a 1mm pitch thread on a custom shaft.

I could not do it on my lathe, so I finally bit the bullet and wrote a
subroutine to do threading with my 4th axis rotary table. I use a 60
degree chamfering end mill.

Now I can cut any thread, any pitch, right or left handed, and if the
thread is very coarse, the subroutine does it in several passes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMENnIJrl9Y

I am afraid that it does not create a 100% correct thread geometry,
but I hope that I can do enough things with it to be useful with some
adjustments to diameter.

Nice, but haven't you found a thread mill for $1 yet?

iggy offered the person selling the $1 thread mill ten cents.