Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gib Bogle[_3_] Gib Bogle[_3_] is offline

Default Slugs in the shower

On 21/03/2013 11:58 a.m., RayL12 wrote:
On 20/03/2013 8:32 PM, Andy Champ wrote:
On 20/03/2013 10:14, newshound wrote:

LOL. A funny story when I was working for a local hard-landscaping
company. Having worked in bushes cutting back, etc. I was driving the
tipper crew-cab back to base with six young college trainees.

As we were moving along the busy road I felt something crawling up my
neck on the right side of my face. I didn't let it bother me until this
little bush-monster(I don't know, don't ask) began to crawl down my
forehead across the bridge of my nose to the left side of my face and
under my left eye. My only good eye! I say, good. What I mean is my
dominant eye. My right eye can still see lamp-posts so is OK for driving.

Anyway, now the spider is on my left, I can call on one of the lads to
take it off my face without turning my head or, taking my eyes off the
road. So, I calmly asked the lad sat in the seat next to me, 'NAME,
..take this thing off my face, will yer'. I leaned sideways slightly in
his direction.

I did 'not' expect him to scream. The other lads, all in unison
shouting each, their own version of 'what's happening'?! Name said,
SPIDERRR! and everyone, all of them, started screaming, shouting,
get-out! get-out! with ****!, ****, ****, coming from all quarters.

I was doing 30mph with a spider trying to drink from my eye while 6
lads try to crawl over each other to exit and, 2 doors swinging open.
Thankfully, the lad behind me wasn't so frightened as to open the
offside door and jump out into oncoming traffic.

I did pull over and the situation was calmed. Apart from when I walked
towards the lads with spider in hand so I can release it into the grass.
In which case 'one or two' wanted me to stamp on it. LOL.

Someone in the traffic did report us to base and I had to go in and
explain to my 'superiors' what happened. He had a good laugh with me and
he understood why I swerved towards the kerb and came to a sudden stop
as 6 lads poured out of the cabin 'Keystone Cops' style.

Good memories. I laughed through writing this and while reliving it,
it has taken 35minutes to write. Sorry if a bit off topic.

...Ray.

Great story! As a kid I was tremendously impressed by a friend's dad
who would let a giant weta crawl up his face. We were scared of wetas
but he knew it was harmless.