Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Any Hams here?

On 21 Mar 2013 01:50:12 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2013-03-20, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:00:49 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

[ ... ]

I was really into RTTY when I got my ticket. Cant be much of that
anymore. Not with a Mod 15 printer and rolls of paper G

I seem to remember that there were programs for the cheap
appliance computers (e.g. the Commodore VIC-20 or something like that)
which would display and send RTTY when connected to a receiver and
transmitter. A lot more portable (and quieter) than a Mod-15. :-)

Indeed. And didnt need a polar relay. G

The closest I can come to that is remembering that I used a 300 baud
modem when I started computing. I remember dot matrix printers, too.
(I'll bet half the folks alive now don't.)

I certainly remember them -- various speeds and sizes of them,
too. ;_)

I recently bought a BaoFeng UV-5R portable radio and am in the process
of learning about HAM. A buddy is going to help. (Terry, the same
guy in San Marcos to whom I referred you years ago, who's doing the
automating of some small SoCal manufacturing firms.) Anyway, until I
take the Technician's test, I'm in listening and learning mode.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle

1. Lie