Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any Hams here?

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:05:03 -0700, Jon Danniken
wrote:

On 03/20/2013 11:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
I remember dot matrix printers, too.
(I'll bet half the folks alive now don't.)

I still have a couple of them; first one was a Toshiba. I remember the
manual (which I still have around here somewhere) went into great detail
referring to the various escape codes that could be used to manually
operate the printer over a serial/parallel interface, from printing
actual letters to just pushing one pin out.

They don't do stuff like that anymore.

Hell, even the simple printers nowadays have more power than main
computers did way back then.

I ordered a $59 pack of 4 toner bottles/chips to rebuild my Samsung
CLP-600N color laser cartridges. I much prefer its output to my old
dot matrix. It's also somewhat quieter and faster. g

--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle