Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Slugs in the shower

On 19/03/2013 23:13, F Murtz wrote:
jgharston wrote:
Yes, eugh.

Probably because the recent weather has been so cold, but in the last
couple of weeks a couple of times I've discovered a slug asleep
clinging to the tiled wall of the shower Since I found the first one I
keep the bifold door fully closed, and wear my glasses into the
bathroom and check before going in. They still arrive. Where on earth
can they be coming from?

I scoop them up with a old loo roll and toss them down the toilet.

JGH

No problem.
http://www.anapsid.org/slugcleaner.html

Brilliant, it takes all sorts! I loved this bit

Unless they are spiders, that is. "There was a bit of a problem when a
large banded huntsman spider I'd introduced to the garden took up
residence in a drawer," admits Robinson. "When Lynne went to take out
her favourite grey jumper, part of it moved under her hand," he recalls.
Her piercing scream persuaded him to put the spider at the farthest part
of the garden. "It never returned," he says, "probably because its sound
receptors are still ringing."