Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Blood stains

In message , Frederick Williams
writes
The Other John wrote:

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:11:11 +0000, Frederick Williams wrote:

My apologies if laundry problems don't come under DIY, but how does one
get bloodstains out of cotton fabric? Unfortunately the item has been
laundered at 60 Celsius, so it's well and truly cooked.

'Vanish' worked for me, used as directed on the product. YMMV.

I have used something called 'Vanish Oxi Action Crystal white' which
contains 30% of Sodium Carbonate Peroxyhydrate. I used that as
directed and then cooked^W laundered the item. It had little effect.

Watching my wife dispense various chemicals into our washing machine
(for my underwear), I asked the question.

She said *soak blood stains in milk*. What impact this may have post
washing is unknown.

--
Tim Lamb