Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Slugs in the shower

In article ,
jgharston writes:
Yes, eugh.

Probably because the recent weather has been so cold, but in the last
couple of weeks a couple of times I've discovered a slug asleep
clinging to the tiled wall of the shower Since I found the first one I
keep the bifold door fully closed, and wear my glasses into the
bathroom and check before going in. They still arrive. Where on earth
can they be coming from?

I scoop them up with a old loo roll and toss them down the toilet.

I used to get them when I moved into my first house.
When I came to redo the bathroom, there was an old hole through
the wall from an old bath waste which was not visible on the
outside as it emerged below the top of the grass, i.e. just
where the snails crawl. Blocked it up with mortar, and never
saw one afterwards.

I've been doing some plumbing in the crawl space under the floor
of a 1920's house, and there are lots down there. Some of them
squeeze through gaps in the floorboards (usually at the edge of
a room, and leave trails on the carpet to be found next morning,
although the slugs themselves have returned by base by then.

--
Andrew Gabriel