Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default New House Problem #2: Indesit WIB111 Wash Machine - gunge in wash

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:53:16 +0000, SteveW wrote:

On 17/03/2013 21:06, ss wrote:
On 17/03/2013 14:43, Gazz wrote:
I had a look, took out the soap drawer and found the pipe leading down
from the soap drawer was thick with brown stinky crap, and the only way
to clean it out was to use a bottle brush fixed to a flexible rod... so
we could get right down to where the pipe exits into the drum,

I have eventually after years of persuasion got my wife to put the soap
directly into the drum.

We have discovered that using liquid soaps in the drum gives us far less
gunge and odour than using powders or tablets (drum or drawer).

SteveW

Same here - haven't used the drawer for about 10 years (I just clean the
drawer every couple of years as tap water seems to be quite fertile).
Used to use Ecover and that would smell a bit. Changed to Bio-D and no smell
and better results. I buy it in 5 li containers from a local whole-food
co-op.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away