Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Miter saw Stand

On 3/18/2013 9:28 AM, Bill wrote:
On 3/18/2013 9:17 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Thank you, Sonny. As of this morning I AM leaning towards a stand
which will give me "repeatable cuts"--at least in the long term. In
the short term, I can surely do fine with another configuration.

This distinction, was a useful concept, at least for me, that came
out of this thread.

Anything can give you repeatable cuts Bill. It just has to be secure,
and
able to support the length of stock you are working with. That's where
outboard supports become your friend. Repeatablity is mostly in the
hands
of the user, and maybe a stop block thrown in for good measure. Even
a saw
mounted on a pair of sawhorses can promise you repeatability.

It seems like the stop-block and the fence are essential elements for
repeatability of decent-sized work. Without them, how do you achieve it?

BTW, it appears that the ends of the Port-A-Mate are designed to work as
stop-blocks. I'll be paying attention!

Bill

Once you get your miter saw stand you can add this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aXZ0LZyKAeI