Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Speaking of Windows 7

amdx wrote:

On 3/15/2013 7:28 AM, flipper wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 18:17:41 -0500, amdx
wrote:

I just hooked up my HDMI TV to my computer.
I have the Video working fine with output on the
computer monitor and the HDMI tv simultaneously.

I can only get audio from the line out -OR-
through the HDMI, but not both.

Is it possible to have both hot at the same time?
Mikek

I don't really know because I can't get sound through HDMI at all (DVI
to HDMI cable) but it could be that, for some reason, Windows is
trying to do it's 'automatic selection' thing on yours.

Try right
clicking on your notification area speaker (audio) icon and select
"Volume control options." Then put a check in each device so they show
in the volume control whether being used, or not. Then open your
volume mixer and see if you can select both devices for output.

I did that, and I can select both, but I still needed to go in
through control panel and pick one for audio out. Doesn't make sense,
so I'll work on it more when I get time.

Didn't this come up recently and someone talk about a simple Desktop
utility to switch audi settings?

Another oddity, my video reverts back to computer only after I don't
use it, one time it didn't recognize the HDMI cable was plugged in so I
had to crawl under the desk and unplug and plug back in, then change to
duplicate monitor.
So far not a simple setup, but a couple of minutes and we watched
several youtube music videos and a few Big Bang Blooper shows.
Ya know, that Kelly Cuoco looks like a lot of fun!

Her character Penny is great, and she gets a lot of the best lines on
the show.

Check out some of the youtube bloopers, she look like she is having a
great time.

I watched them a few months ago, and downloaded them.

enough left over to pay them.