Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Miter saw Stand

Bill wrote in :

FWIW, the Portamate unit has a 1 year warranty, but the Menards
Masterforce unit has a lifetime warranty.
However, the former is steel and the latter aluminum.

IMHO, being made of aluminum is an advantage: if you're not going to move the saw around,
you don't need a portable stand -- and if you *do* need a portable stand, you *want* it to be
aluminum.

I've been using a DeWalt DW723 portable stand for my 10" miter saw for about 8 years now.
It's made of aluminum, and it's (a) plenty sturdy, and (b) heavy enough as it is. I'm really, really
glad it's *not* steel.