Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cameron gone bonkers...

On Monday 18 March 2013 07:05 harry wrote in uk.d-i-y:

On Mar 17, 6:09 pm, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm personally a tad worried about where higher education is going:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11832373

In essence, it's looking attractive, both financially and from a point of
travel/interest/being different to do a degree in the US.

With the cost of a BA/BSc running at 9k per year in England just for the
fees alone, I think a lot of future undergrads are going to:

1) Become rather picky - at they should at those rates;

2) Seriously consider another country, with the US being an obvious
candiate as it's English speaking.

Not just talking about trying to hit MIT, Berkley or Stanford - if you
are destined for a middle of the road but decent enough uni here, or you
could pick a lesser known, but decent one in somewhere sunny and cool in
the US, then why not...

You think education's free in the USA?

WTF are you talking about?

Of course it's not free, and it not free here either. That's the entire
point. It's now getting so expensive here that people are seriously looking
at whether to give their hard earned debt to a British University or a
foreign one.

Reading this on the web? See: