Posted to rec.woodworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default Miter saw Stand

"Bill" wrote in message
Do you think this (see link below) is a reasonable miter saw stand (Masterforce
MX124),or should I insist on crafting something myself? FWIW, I collected anew
Delta DW713saw, so far untested! I did get in some shop time this weekend, but on
an unrelated repair.

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-ha...73-c-10164.htm

The main issueI see with making my own is my lack of a jointer. Another option is
to mount the saw on a table (or saw horses) and use a roller stand (I've seen
pictures of that being done, but it looksrisky). It's not like I'm planning to
build a deck or anythinglike that--more like, "clamp stand" and "plant table".

Bill

As others have said - you don't need a jointer to make your own.
Here's some -plans in case you do make your own.
Art

http://toolmonger.com/2007/04/23/nor...hop-saw-table/

http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2009/02...plans-and-more