Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus19014 Ignoramus19014 is offline

Default Interesting machine

On 2013-03-17, Existential Angst wrote:
"Ignoramus13603" wrote in message
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Snyder-Machine/

"6 station milling machine" with total of 280 HP, not counting two
hydraulic power units.

What did you pay for alladat?

A lot!

Still being coy??
Sheeit, we ARE your 24/7 bidniss/tech consultants, so you SHOULD divulge
details.....

100,000# at 10c/# (retail) would be that place's expectation of scrap
payment ($10K), less what they'd have to pay to bring it to a yard. So
if
you paid $10K, you paid waaaaay too much. $5K would proly be too much.
Well..... am I getting close?? LOL

But the parts value could be considerable. Old motors, tho, were not
renowned for efficiency. New Baldors (and others) are topping 98%
(claimed)
effic -- ackshooly, for quite some time now..

I paid 6k.

Scrap yards pay me 290 per short ton, and with this much I hope that I
can get 300/ton.

There is steel, copper wire, electrical controls, valves, hydraulic
power units, and motors, among the sellable parts.

You should do alright.... proly not a windfall, but still worthwhile.
Depending on how you handle "parts", tho, you might have some of those for a
while.
Thank gawd for ebay....

If I had the money, space, I'd put alladis in a "manufacturing museum".
Lord knows, Merka already needs one.....

It is not really that good for a museum, it is not like steam punk or
some such. There is nothing remarkable about this, except the size.